Your Complete Guide To Whey Protein – Part 1

Since this topic is very extensive and needs to be thoroughly explained and substantiated, we decided to write for you a 4-part series of articles. In the next couple of weeks, we will cover all the necessary information concerning whey protein, as it is an ever important subject among our Fitness Vikings out there.

Our first article will deal with the essential information you should know when it comes to whey – the protein’s origin, some details about its production, as well as how and why you can benefit from it.

The chances that this is the first time you’ve heard about whey protein is close to none, even if you’ve only recently started taking some serious steps when it comes to your daily workout routine.

As you might know, protein is one of the crucial ingredients for building your musculature, and if you are working hard on getting those muscles show, you should be ingesting a lot of protein, but you need to know what work outs are right for you as well. Now, when we say protein, you need to be aware that just using supplements won’t do the trick, not by a long shot. Your nutrition should be packed with lean protein and fiber to get optimal results, and then sups jump in and make the best out of your efforts.

When it comes to whey protein, the first fact you need to know is that the name refers to the milk serum, which is divulged as a byproduct of milk curdling. Whey protein in its natural state sums up to about 20% of any animal milk, while the other 80% are casein fractions.

Whey protein is a so called complete protein source, which means that it offers nine crucial amino acids that your body can put to good use while you’re working out. Whey has the property of being easily dissolved in most liquids, not to mention that it can be found in certain cheese variations, and milk naturally. One more interesting fact is that when you drink milk, the first process that happens in your stomach is that whey protein and casein fractions separate thanks to the stomach acid, and each go their separate ways.

When it comes to production of whey protein, the process is fairly simple, as you’ve got all you need without any special chemical alterations. The production starts with filtration of whey protein out of the dairy, and this filtration can have a few variations. The filtration process is picked out on the basis of what kind of protein you wish to extract, after which comes the spray drying that turns the protein into a powder. The powder is then distributed to the manufacturers which add different flavors into it to make it easier to consume and digest. The final whey protein product contains whey proteins, minerals, lactose and very small amounts of good-for-you fats.

As we mentioned earlier, whey protein offers all nine of the essential amino acids, which are very beneficial for you both when it comes to building your muscles and improving your overall state of being. Amino acids are there to improve your energy production and cardiovascular activity, not to mention that their presence is what makes your muscles present as well, because muscles are the biggest storages of amino acids in your body, so one can’t exist without the other. To put it even more straight forward, if you want to improve your fitness and your body, you can’t do it without amino-acid-rich proteins.

When it comes to who are the targeted crowds that can use whey protein, there basically aren’t any limitations. One important fact to note and check before you start using whey is to check if you are allergic to it. If you are lactose intolerant, chances are that this protein won’t be a good fit for you.

If you don’t have a problem with lactose, then you are pretty much ready to use this supplement. Whether you’re just starting with your work out regime and you want to see some results faster or you are a professional athlete that is in need of a protein boost, whey protein is a sound choice. There are even vegetarians that use this sup to improve their bodily functions and protein intake that might be lacking because there are no meat proteins in their nutrition.

Stay tuned for the second part of our Complete Guide On Whey Protein, for more information about Whey Protein and the numerous benefits if offers.

Prev1 of 2Next

Others Also Liked

  • I do not even knoiw the way I stoppedd up right here, however I assumed
    this submit was great. I don’t recognize who you might bbe but definitely you’re going tto a well-known blogger when you
    aren’t already. Cheers!